At another exciting and informative MICE Focus Group run by the MICE Academy and held at Gallagher Convention Centre in Midrand, Kevin from KJM Projects, highlighting his passion for simple and effective design, shared some tools and tricks to assist people in designing and promoting their websites.
For more info on the Focus Group and other speakers represented: Click here
Some interesting points raised included:
- People are looking for information, not advertising…make sure you are the one to provide it.
- Make yourself an expert in your field…and share your knowledge
- Websites need to be an integral part of your marketing strategy not just an electronic brochure
- To be taken seriously always ensure your email address is branded (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Generic email addresses and hosting company emails may indicate to clients that you are not “big” enough to have a website, therefore you probably don’t have the backup or knowledge to manage their projects.
- Business is done with people NOT organisations – Individual profiles and face-pictures of key players in your organisation create an open friendly interaction platform
- Blocking Social Media is detrimental to your business….in the modern business world, every person is a sales person. You are guaranteed that people are still joining and sharing on social media, if not in front of you then in secret. Bring it out into the open and encourage your staff to share your company name and profile with their friends, and use your social media profile as a marketing tool.
- Keep your content updated and fresh